Tuesday, November 25, 2008

WHO AM I

WHO AM I?
The name is Gaurav Makol,
And banda is a god-loving soul.
I come from city of Kings – Patiala,
The place is just ooh-la-la.

For graduation I went to G.N.D.U Amritsar,
Specializing in E&C I became an engineer.
Engineering taught to work hard n enjoy to core,
I passed Outta College as a class of 2000 and four.

From Campus Satyam took me for a job,
Excited heart could not help but throb.
My first Job took me from Patiala to Hyderabad,
I had to be 2000KM away from my Mom and Dad.

The fear of Unknown place and people initially kept me worried,
But seeing the city and office work culture my fears were buried.
The people were all intelligent n nobody second to none,
But with my good work some accolades I have won.
I Worked with Satyam for two and a half years,
Learnt about corporate with open eyes and ears.

Nov 2006 I came to Chandigarh and joined Infosys,
Working at this organisation was again really bliss.
Got a chance here to work with esteemed clients,
Some NGOs, some Sports biggies and some bank giants.

Then I took up XAT and came to GIM a.k.a Heaven,
I have got section B and roll number seventy Seven.
Since day one the life here has been in the fast lane,
The pristine beauty around helps me remain sane.
As my majors I will prefer to choose mar-ke-ting,
And get into a job which can give me a zing.

Now I should write about my hobbies I guess,
Of all the mind games I love playing Chess.
My love for this game cannot be beaten by any money,
The chess winner trophy at Infy writes this testimony.
The mayhem on 64 squares is neither by sword nor by a pen,
Thy love for this battle of brains persists till eternity-Amen!!!
I know to play the old six strings with rapchik Ishtyle,
I Play Badminton and also call myself a bibliophile.

I loved writing this humble poem for my CV
And I really look forward to summers at MTV.
Yours truely
Gaurav Makol.

6 Comments:

Blogger anindita choudhury said...

Amazing and good to see you back

6:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey anandita
thanks...i just thought of trying my hand at poetry :)
gud to see ya too.
Blogs are blocked in our college so could not go thru ur blog for a long time.Hope you are rocking there.
hows life and wat is up with you these days?

cheers
Gaurav

2:42 AM  
Blogger Tamanna said...

Oh my god!

I mean, OH MY GOD! This is like WOW!

I never knew you had so good poetry skills.

It is indeed a master piece.

" The Story of A Dream-seller" in a Rhythmic nutshell.

I really loved the choice of words and everything you manged in .. From studies to chess ...

Great job! Hats off...

You are indeed the one I look up to!

10:50 AM  
Blogger dreamseller said...

thanks sister...but surely u r a maestro with words...ve read some of ur stuff...n m thoroughly impressed :)

8:33 AM  
Anonymous harshit said...

the work is really great
from roll number seventy eight :(

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i liked the comment from roll no 78 to roll no 77 :-))

Bipul...

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home