Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Susti ki pathshala---A generation Sleeps

This blog here(yawn) is for all those people who feel proud(yawn) to be lazy logs and better if they are even lazy to feel proud J(yawwwwwwnn)

It really feels great to sleep for some 16-18 hours a day especially on weekends. In our university days the best part use to come on Sundays. On Saturdays we generally used to stay awake till 2-3 AM and then on Sunday the breakfast used to be poori-chana in the mess. We used to get up at 9.20-9.25 and rush towards the mess as t he closing time was 9.30, and not no mention very few times we remembered to brush our teeth for the feast. Now stop making those”yukk” faces, Poori-chana tastes better without brushing ;-).

Then used to come back with a full stomach and then the bed was so tempting that nobody cud resist the invitation.

As u guys must have guessed our next wake up time used to be near 2 in the afternoon. The mess used to close at 2.30.So this time we could have the time to brush teeth and wash face (optional).Sunday afternoon it used to be “Kadi Chawal “I hope you understand what kadi means. It is something made from curd; I will post the recipe in my next post.

After enjoying the tasty kadi chawal we used to sit in the sun (obliviously in winters),and then gossiping started and then a little nap on the grass. That makes me remember those lines from the beautiful ghazal from the movie “DIl Dhoondta hai”,and the verse goes like “jadon ki naram dhoop aur aangan me let kar” seriously my heart longs those good old days.

I had read somewhere that taking naps can increase memory, so I made it rule to have naps in the afternoon whether weekday or weekend, but I don’t remember where I read it, I guess I will have to take longer naps to further improve my memory. Anyhow as u can guess the nap used to be somewhere around 1-1.5 hours long, the sun now started to set and it would start to be a little chilly outside. So now was the time to get some warmth from the cozy quilts ,and I bet nobody can fight sleep once u r inside a quilt and u start feeling the warmth, so again we used to go the dream world.

The next stop in our journey to eternity used to be at dinner time, and guess what we used to have an extra free in our mess on Sundays…Hurray!!! That used be a time for treat. Although taking an extra used to cost only 5 bucks, but at that time Sunday used be special day coz there was free extra. So with one free extra from mess side and one extra bought, we used to have a royal meal consisting of “dal tadka” and “egg bhurji”.Belive me nothing feels better than a large burp after a good meal, So after giving ourselves some nice sounds we used to head towards the bedroom After all one does get tired after whole day’s sleep and needs some restJ.
So this was our whole day’s activities on Sundays in our university days, and in week days also we could not get up before 10 0 clock, thanks to Sukha who had pasted a very thick black paper which used to fight the sun rays with a dedication equivalent to Indian soldiers.
So all in all I love sleeping till late hours and used to get lots of rebuking from my dad for it, but salute my dedication towards my sleep, never gave up and never woke up.
But then after said and done once in my university days my sleep had suffered from somebody’s “Nazar” and I had tough time with insomnia>I could not sleep even if I wanted to, those were very bad days.So I ll provide some tips here to fight insomnia if somebody is suffering from it:
Do’s
1) Do some physical workout.
2) Drink Luke warm milk before sleeping
3) Read a book. The more bore the book the faster you will fall asleep.
4) Take a bath in Luke warm water

Don’ts
1) Do not smoke before sleeping
2) Do not drink alcohol, tea coffee. All these are stimulants
3) Do not switch on the TV if you are not getting sleep.

Although I have typed the whole thing in one week, even then one does get tired,so I guess now I will improve my memory and take a nap.

Happy sleeping

4 Comments:

Blogger Sidhu said...

oye kool mundia...ghaint likhia...ohi din yaad kara ditte....good post !

10:08 PM  
Blogger Piyush Nasa said...

I am too susti like u.... dude... I also read this whole in 5 days... hehehehe...
U rock dude... keep posting good things like this... haan par susti se hee daalna.. kyunki humen bhi susti se hee padhne ki aadat hai...

1:43 AM  
Blogger anindita choudhury said...

yeah...you are right about the relativity theory...and I talk about the sufferer and the suffering and only he knows 'how much' really means to him/her..
btw...forgot to mention, I liked the susti ki pathshala a lot...ur style of writing is very impressive. :)

12:18 AM  
Blogger Sowmya said...

I can so relate to the sleeping and susti. School & College are the days when you could get max of that inspite of being screamed at by mom in the background. Though have now moved on to getting only about 7 hrs a day because of work etc. Saturdays and sundays are still a life saver with getting up late and the afternoon siesta.

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home