Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ab Ke Sawan

Rain is an important part of the water cycle. This is the cycle of evaporation, condensation, and precipitation that distributes water all over the Earth. The sun heats the Earth causing water in the oceans and the ground to evaporate. This turns water into water vapor that becomes part of the atmosphere. Next, the water vapor cools and condenses to form clouds. When the water droplets inside the cloud get big and heavy, they fall. That's precipitation, and depending on the temperature, it falls as rain, sleet, snow, or hail. Water that falls to the earth soaks into the ground and feeds lakes and streams. The cycle starts all over again with evaporation of water from the ground and oceans…Okay man!!! Now cut the crap and tell us what do really wanna talk about here.

Me, being a believer love every thing that god gives me (Though I never stop complainingJ), But rains, I just love them. Rains generally do pour when everybody just fed up with the scorching heat, and when it starts to pour WOW!!! The feeling is just amazing.

whenever I hear Jagjit Singh and Chitra Singh’s ghazal”Who kagaz ki kashti”, I feel I could get those days back Every body has some sweet and some sour memories linked with rain and I am no exception. The dark side of my memories is the only thing that I had to suffer from a flood when I was a kid. We were on the roof top for three days but luckily we had enough things to eat and drinking water too, But the smell and the pain of cleaning everything and that was horrible and thank god the material loss also wasn’t too much as my dad had acted pro actively and we had removed most of the goods.

But then it is all part and parcel of life. Rain brings back to my memory another incident, though it is not meant to funny but I somehow find it funny. It was during my exam days, I don’t remember exactly which standard, it was raining cats and dogs and the auto wala had broken down his auto in the rain and could not come. So I decided to go on my bicycle to take the exam. As it was raining heavily and there was almost knee level water in the streets. Something hit my bicycle and I fell down. Now I was standing there all drenched in the dirty water and not able to decide what to do. My heart was saying that to hell with exam enjoy the rain and go back home, but then exam had to be taken and I did not have time to go back home. Change clothes and come back. So I decided to go to school like that only. I reached the hall some 15 minutes late. Teachers were also quite surprised to see me in that condition. But I somehow sat and took the examination that way only and luckily did pass also J

I can never forget the stupid skidding stunts I used to do in my childhood while bathing in the rain, an always left with some bruises or marks of that to keep me reminding of my stupidity, but I never stopped them. And who can forget when in the evenings the current use to go due to evening and mom used to make pakoras and tea. I can bet the taste can put Mc Donald’s and all to shame. The whole family used to sit and chat and enjoy. Those were the golden days.

Even now when it rains I try not any miss any chance of getting me drenched in the rain. When the first drop of rain falls on me a smile comes automatically to my face and I start singing “Ab ke sawan aise barse”

I love you god for rains and everything else that you shower on us.

1 Comments:

Blogger anindita choudhury said...

Thats a real good piece on Rain :)

Thanks for commenting on the 'Desire' post.
And I completely agree when you mention that desire helps us to grow and that why my last line out there says that the greatest desire is the desire to Survive :)

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home